Climatological data enquiry
The purpose of this code is to allow the user to compare the value of
a meteorological observation made at the University of Reading (maybe recently) with those recorded in the past.
- Such a comparison may be done
- using (a maybe unknown)
value on a specific date (maybe today's date to compare a possible 'record' against
past data), or
- by specifying a reference value in 'observation units' (eg. degC not K).
- and then looking to find higher or lower values from the past.
- The comparison can be carried out against:
- all the days in all the years,
- all the days in one season over all years
- all the days in one month over all the years
- the first, middle or final third of a specific month in all the years
Define data type requirements